For operations, safety, security, and ridership
Whether they go through the usual commute or extreme conditions, public transportation operators constantly face challenges as they strive to create positive passenger experience through safe and clean stations/vehicles, and as they ensure the systems continue to run safely, efficiently, and on-time. Most often, these challenges arise from “blind spots” with limited or inadequate visibility.
For proactive, budget-conscious transport operators and security leaders, visibility is critical to identify what is working, and what is not. To secure a sound level of visibility, they look to the world-class features of Hanwha Techwin’s video surveillance solutions: cost-effective, high performance, and providing efficient infrastructure that provide necessary visibility for any operations or areas – passenger and even trackside.
To deliver satisfactory user experience, all equipment must be built to last – and so must the company that provides them. Hanwha Techwin, a manufacturer of lifecycle-ready solutions, stands behind a full lifecycle of the equipment, and can also serve in future phases.
Transportation Solution Features
1. Transportation-dedicated Solution
- ㆍ Transportation-specific standards acquired
- ㆍ Real-time monitoring of railroad car location and status
- ㆍ Automated video backup over wireless networks
- ㆍ End-to-end solution of cameras, storage devices, and VMS
2. Traffic management & Public monitoring
- ㆍ Failover and recovery capabilities
- ㆍ Flexible system expansion via hierarchical configuration
- ㆍ Interface with other systems (access control, fire alarm, etc.)
Onboard Mobile : Real-time Tracking and Remote Monitoring
Cameras are mounted both inside and outside the buses and trains to check for passengers at the last stop before moving to depot. Special vibration and EMC requirements must be met
- Our network cameras and video recorders are EN 50155 and EN 50121-x compliant, and they are specially designed for onboard security.
- The PoE switch is embedded in our network video recorders to make your onboard security system installation simpler, and the M12 connector on the camera can make the system more stable against vibrations.
High visibility of passengers inside the carriage under various lighting conditions
- High performing WDR feature and multi megapixel image resolution ensure clear image inside the trains even with intense sunlight or artificial light backlighting.
- High resolution fisheye cameras eliminate blind spots and allow for fewer cameras per carriage
Real-time location tracking and remote-handling of emergency situations using digital maps
- Storage devices in trains en route update GPS data and status information to a central control center via mobile communications networks. Locations of the vehicles can be tracked in real-time at the central control center using digital maps of the traffic control software, and footage can be checked in case of emergencies.