iCLASS® smart card reader/writers and cards make access control and read/write applications more powerful, more versatile, and most importantly, offer enhanced security through encryption and mutual authentication.
At the same time, iCLASS is user-friendly, delivering the convenience, affordability and reliability of proximity technology, for which HID is known worldwide.
Using the 13.56 MHz technology platform, the iCLASS RW100 contactless smart card reader/writer combines the longer read range of proximity with the power and heightened security of smart card technology.
Supporting smart card read/write applications, the RW100 reads/writes user data to HID iCLASS credentials that offer either 2k bit (256 Byte), 16k bit (2k Byte) or 32k bit (4k Byte) of data storage. Smart Card read/write applications include IT secure authentication, biometric template storage, digital cash, time and attendance, equipment/material use or checkout and transit passes.
Experience enhanced versatility:
- Use one smart card reader to read standard proximity format data from HID iCLASS credentials or unique serial numbers from MIFARE® cards.
- Confidently install the reader knowing that the Wiegand output easily interfaces with most existing Wiegand protocol access control panels.
- To support read/write applications, the bi-directional RS232 serial port provides connection to a PC or microcontroller.
Appreciate advanced security:
- All RF data transmission between the card and smart card reader is encrypted using a secure algorithm.
- By using industry-standard encryption techniques and advanced key management systems, iCLASS reduces the risk of compromised data or duplicated cards.