Proximity card readers from HID Global have long served as a popular entry-level option for physical access control. Featuring contactless 125 kHz RFID technology, HID Prox readers are affordable, integrate seamlessly with access control systems, and allow for the use of multiple form factors, including smart cards, fobs and tags.
HID® Proximity ThinLine II 5395
Providing performance and reliability, HID’s attractive, unobtrusive ThinLine II® proximity card reader is housed in a two-piece, weatherproof secure potted enclosure.
- The size of most standard U.S. switch plates.
- Available with Wiegand or Clock-and-Data interface.
- Potted reader suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
- Base part numbers: 5395 (Wiegand), 5398 (Clock-and-Data).
- 18″ (45 cm) wire pigtail standard; consult factory for 9′ (2.7 m) pigtail available by special order.
- Easily installed and maintained with the use of replaceable covers.
- Available with a Wiegand or Clock-and-Data interface.
- Provides high reliability, consistent read range and low power consumption.
- Features include multicolor LED and internal control or host control of the LED and beeper.
- Mounts directly on metal with minimal impact on the read range performance.
- Aesthetic design available in two cover designs and four colors to match any décor.
- Includes multilingual installation manual
Typical maximum* read range
ProxCard® II Card – up to 5.5″ (14 cm)
ISOProx® II Card – up to 5″ (12.7 cm)
DuoProx® II Card – up to 5″ (12.7 cm)
Smart ISO/DuoProx™ Cards – up to 5″ (12.7 cm)
Proximity & MIFARE™ Card – up to 5″ (12.7 cm)
ProxCard® Plus Card – up to 1.5″ (3.8 cm)
ProxKey® II Keyfob – up to 2″ (5.1 cm)
Microprox® Tag – up to 3″ (7.6 cm)
*Depending on local installation conditions.
4.70″ x 3.00″ x 0.68″ (11.9 x 7.6 x 1.7 cm)
Linear power supplies are recommended.
Average: 30 mA (5 VDC); 20 mA (12 VDC)
Peak: 110 mA (5 VDC); 115 mA (12 VDC)
-22º to 150º F (-30º to 65º C)
0-95% relative humidity non-condensing
3.3 oz. (94 gm)
Wiegand interface: 500 feet (150 m)
Clock-and-data interface: 50 feet (15 m)
Recommended cable is ALPHA 1295 (22 AWG) 5 conductor minimum stranded with overall shield or equivalent. Additional conductors may be required for LED or beeper control.
Canada/UL 294 Listed
FCC Certification, United States
EU and CB Scheme Electrical Safety (EN60950 and IEC60950 ITE Electrical Safety)
Fifteen EU Countries under the R&TTE Directive (EN300 330 – SRD, and ETS 300 683 – EMC)
Australia C-Tick, New Zealand